The building that the Hotel Albergo is now located in was constructed between 1923 and 1928 and served as a Russian-Orthodox cathedral.
In 1938, the cathedral and its congregation was moved to the ‘Christi-Auferstehungskathedrale’ at Hohenzollerndamm 166. In 1938, the German Labor Front took over the building and rebuilt it.
During the post-war period, the building was established for the first time as a hotel, the “Domhotel”.
From 1998 to 2000, the property was renovated and reconstructed to become the “Hotel Albergo” and the restaurant “Genozwalli”.
Since October 2005, a new executive board has dedicated themselves to create an even more luxurious, beautiful, and attractive Hotel Albergo for its guests.